Saturday, August 22, 2009

Isotopes Baseball









We went and did a fun family night at the Isotopes Baseball stadium. It was our very first time, and it was a lot of fun. It was an event put on by Dave's work. We went and had dinner there at the park and then watched some of the game. Jeffrey was very content to be there, even though he had no clue what was going on. Ruby had no interest at all and asked about 50 times when we were going home followed by a loud "this is boring". We managed to keep her busy with Barbie songs on the iPod. I loved it, it took me back to the Tacoma Tigers days with my Dad. Sometimes on the weekend, spur of the moment, my Dad would load us up and head out to the stadium. I can't watch baseball on TV, but there is something about being there for it that is really amazing. I love the national anthem, that crazy "announcer" voice, the clapping, the cheering. It's so all American.

3 comments:

Evan said...

Love it. Jeff and Obi have the same t-shirt. love the Tacoma Tigers memories.

Grant said...

Wish I could have been there. I love that Ruby actually said "this is boring". Perfect. Can't wait to see you guys.

Baker said...

Hey, I'm with Ruby on this one. Boring! ;) But you're right. There is something all-American about being at a baseball game. I love the pictures! You have a beautiful family. The one of Ruby with her sunglasses on her head...she looks like a little movie star!