Monday, February 1, 2010

More church'in for Dave


As if we don't have enough going on.....Dave was called as second counselor in the bishopric last week. Ruby and Jeffrey missed him terribly during sacrament meeting yesterday. They are not fond of him sitting on the stand. And Jeffrey cannot whisper to save his life, so everyone gets to hear how he wants to go see Dad. I kept him pretty well distracted with fruit snacks and arm tickles. They did really well. I am glad they went easy on me or I would have been on the phone with the bishop calling the whole thing off. I don't like to share my time with Dave, so I know this will be a challenge, but everyone gets their turn to give more service in this church, and it's Dave's turn.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Whahahahaaaa! Lauging my head off! Thats what you get for marrying such a great guy! I guess it really is time to move...

Baker said...

Aww...yeah, but this is a really rough stage of life to give more. The Lord equals us to the task though. Be brave, dear friend. ;)

Tinaya said...

I can't even image sitting in sacrament without my husband's help, you are a good woman!

Heather said...

um. sorry to say..but that is a suck bomb!!!! i mean...awesome that he got that calling. but oh man, sacrament meeting without help is hard (for me anyway!). you're gonna rock it though!!!

Jen said...

So, Ryan was standing right by me as I was reading this and he just busted up laughing so hard. We love you, Dave!! Good luck!! :)And Jen- I remember you telling me that this would happen- they would finally get done with school only to be called into these time demanding callings. It's what you get for picking such a great guy!!!

annzy said...

Best of Luck Dave & Jen. Just as a heads up I sat on the stand with my Dad on Sundays all of the time because and I am sure this is hard to imagine ~I was a bit of a handful.

Jennifer said...

Yep .... time to move. We did get our house on the market just before the calling. --Dave

Jen said...

P.S. I think a husband in the bishopric makes you waaaaaaaaaaaaay older than us with an 8 year old!!! :)

boygelfling said...

Dude, dave, you got jacked....