Saturday, March 22, 2008

A year Ago



First I must thank Brit for these pictures, my memory is so bad that without them I think I would have no recollection at all of what I was doing Easter weekend a year ago. Jeffrey was a little over a month old and I was in bad shape. My back was giving me terrible trouble. I had a screaming demanding newborn and Dave was swamped with finals. So Mom flew down to drive me to Utah and my sweet mother in law helped care for me for several weeks. Mom came in spite of her own cold making her miserable and then continued to be tortured on my behalf while during her stay in Utah she caught her first stomach bug in 20 years. It was a bad one too, I know because I caught it 24 hours before her. But through the whole trip I was surrounded by family. Grant and Brit kept my mind off of my troubles with lots of laughter, and played with Ruby. My sister in law Tatia kept me well fed, Anne visited me often, and Marcilyn and I talked in between her homework assignments. Remembering my stay in Utah has made me reflect on how truly blessed I am to have such a supportive and loving family. You are priceless to me. Thank you for getting me through tough times. Easter a year later and my baby boy is a happy one year old and I can walk standing straight again.

3 comments:

Jason, Cam, Sully, Owen and Finn said...

Jeffy is the cutest baby ever. You would never know he was a screaming terror from this beautiful picture. Jen, you look beautiful.

Evan said...

Very cute. Love the little munchkin.

Grant said...

That was a really cool trip. I love your kids, and I love you. Please come here soon, right now!!!!!!!