Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I Laugh in the Face of...........

Jeffrey is very very sick. He has been puking for 3 days now, and Dave isn't feeling great either. Although a stomach bug is never fun, this would all be less inconvenient if my mother in law Pam wasn't flying in tonight to drive back to Utah with me for a visit with family and friends. So I have a 10 hour car trip in front of me with a very high likelihood of lots of puking. Which reminds me that Grant has a story he likes to tell that is really hard evidence I am no good with car trips and puking. I won't tell it though, it's way funnier when he does. But, worst case scenario Ruby and I start puking tonight or tomorrow morning or perhaps even worse, mid car trip, and then eventually we bring Pam down with us in to the depths of puking misery. So as I was going over in my head how bad this could be, it dawned on me how funny it was. Dave caught me and wanted to know what could possibly be making me smile amidst all of this. I explained how the whole thing was just so crazy that it's just kind of funny. Sick baby, long car trip, chances are I will be throwing up, I laugh in the face of whatever that is. And then he quoted the perfect quote from The Emporer's New Groove.
Kuzco and Pacha are tied to a tree branch floating in a river]
Pacha: Uh-oh.
Kuzco: Don't tell me. We're about to go over a huge waterfall.
Pacha: Yep.
Kuzco: Sharp rocks at the bottom?
Pacha: Most likely.
Kuzco: Bring it on.
That just sums up Motherhood. Don't tell me. Are my kids always going to get sick at the worst possible moment and then get me sick? Yep. Is there a long car ride involved? Most likely. Bring it on.

4 comments:

Grant said...

In your defense Jen, I fully realize the puke in the hair incidence really was a result of your haste to remove the puke shirt from the poor girl. How were you to know that it could get way worse. Dave... Make yourself useful. :)

Jennifer said...

My original quote was from another Disney, "Danger, I laugh in the face of danger... ha ha ha". (who can guess what movie?). Then the one from Emporer's New Groove came to mind also. Sad that my quotes now come from Disney, but hey, I've been a dad for 5 years now ... give a guy a break. -- Dave

Jennifer said...

Grant, I've been trying to do that for 8 years now ... I give up.

--Dave

kim said...

I love those moments where you could either choose to lose your mind or just laugh. Motherhood is not a glamourous life...it's always puke or poo. IT is humorous though.